St Davids Cottages©
Min-y-Don , Solva, Pembrokeshire.
Sleeps 4 in 2bedrooms: Price Ranges from £395 (low season) to £495 (high season).. Available by the week or occasionally for shorter breaks (minimum 3 days) except for high season when bookings can only be made for 7 days (Saturday to Saturday).
Min-y-Don Min-y-Don is located on the outskirts of the pretty harbour village of Solva, with magnificent views across St. Bride's Bay and out to the Pembrokeshire islands. Shops, pubs, restaurants and the Pembrokeshire Coast Path are all just a few minutes walk away and Solva Harbour is easily reached via a pleasant stroll.
This modern first floor apartment sits in a small complex on a hill above the village and has some of the finest sea views in the area.
View over the bay from the living room Kitchen Living Room
Min-y-Don is perfectly located for the award winning beaches of Newgale, Caerfai and Whitesands, which are all within a few minutes drive, or can be easily reached by cycle. The magnificent local coastline offers everything from surfing, coasteering, kayaking and swimming to more mellow activities such as fishing, walking, rockpooling and sunbathing.
The historic city of St. Davids with its 12th century Cathedral, Bishop's Palace and a good range of shops, pubs and restaurants is just three miles away and can again be easily reached by bike on a quiet Sustrans route.
Another major local attraction is boat trips out to the internationally important wildlife sanctuaries of Ramsey, Skomer, Skokholm and Grassholm (named by Vikings in case you were wondering...). And with one of the sunniest climates in Britain there are few days in summer when you can't get out and explore Britain's only coastal national park from Min-y-Don's central location.
Min-y-Don is a first floor apartment, the advantage of which is clearly visible from the moment you discover the stunning views. A set of external steps lead up to the accommodation, which has a small porch and passageway leading to an open plan living area which comprises of a breakfast room/dining area, fully fitted kitchen and living area with wood burning stove and great sea views.
There are two double bedrooms, also with sea views; the smaller has a double bed, the larger a super king-size bed. The bathroom consists of bath, shower and wc.
Both double bedrooms have a sea view
There is a small paved area at the foot of the stairs where you can sit and enjoy the sun.
Location map - here
Facilities include a full equipped kitchen with electric oven, hob and grill, microwave, fridge freezer, washing machine and double sink; TV, DVD and CD player; one storage heater plus electric heaters in all rooms and a wood burning stove (one basket of wood supplied). Water is heated by solar panels/immersion heater. Bed linen is provided.
Other Useful Information:
Payment, booking, arrival & departure
1. Payment is by posting a cheque to: W Alderson, Min-y-Don, Whitchurch Lane, Solva, Pembs SA62 6UD .
Please make all cheques payable to: W Alderson.
2. The cottage is booked once full payment has been received. A letter or email will be sent as confirmation.
3. Entry to the accommodation will be from 4pm on the day of arrival and vacation must be no later than 10.00am on day of departure.
The hiring contract is made between the accommodation provider and the hirer and is entered into as soon as the deposit is processed and the confirmation letter sent. Any booking made will be subject to the following conditions.
1. Number of persons using the Accommodation: Under no circumstances
can the number of persons using the accommodation exceed the number which
can be accommodated.
2. Care of the Accommodation: The hirer is responsible for the accommodation and undertakes to take all reasonable and proper care of it. On leaving it must be left clean and tidy and in the same state of repair as on the arrival date. Any breakages or damages must be made known to the accommodation provider, at the latest before departure and any costs reimbursed.
3. Liability: The accommodation is provided as advertised and no liability can be accepted for any personal injury, or loss or damage to personal property however caused.
4. Linen: Sheets, Duvets, Pillowcases and Tea Towels are included in the rental cost. For bookings longer than a week, a fresh set can be supplied.
5. A refundable deposit of £200 against damage and/or breakage is required on booking.
6. There is strictly no smoking inside the cottage.
7. Right of entry: The accommodation provider or their representative shall be allowed the right of entry to the accommodation at all reasonable times for the purpose of maintenance.
8. Complaints: Should a complaint arise during occupation, this should be brought to the attention of the accommodation provider who will try to rectify the situation. Complaints after the holiday cannot be dealt with.
9. Cancellation: Upon notification if a re-let is successful, all monies paid will be refunded. Otherwise all monies paid becomes non - refundable. You may like to consider taking out holiday cancellation insurance.
Enquiries and Bookings can be made directly with the owner Alf Alderson
By post to..... Min-y-Don, Whitchurch Lane, Solva, Pembs SA62 6UD
By telephone on..... 07977 057993..... or by e-mail... email@example.com
or simply hit the mailbox button below.
This site is designed, managed and hosted
by Custom Web Design (UK)
who can be contacted on: (44) 01442 400 786 or by email - press here CWD
© Copyright Custom Web Design (UK), 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.